Why Do You Need Critical Illness Insurance?
No matter your situation (single parent, family, independent business owner, contract worker without benefits, etc) a serious illness could dramatically change both your life and your family’s life.
The many critical Illness plans we carry may be the answer to your worries. It offers you vital coverage for your financial health; therefore, you can focus on your personal health. Upon diagnosis of a critical illness, it pays a lump sum to the insured patients who survive.
What is Critical Illness?
Critical Illness Insurance pays a lump sum Benefit upon diagnosis of a covered condition, such as, heart attack, cancer and stroke. Critical illness insurance first emerged in South Africa in 1983 and was known as dread disease insurance.
Dr. Marius Barnard Founder of Critical Illness Insurance, the brother of the late world-renown South African heart transplant surgeon, Dr. Christian Barnard
How does Critical Illness Work?
There is a 30 day survival period. If you are alive on the 31st day after diagnosis or surgery, then the benefit becomes payable.
- You must be healthy when applying for coverage
- Smokers will be rated higher than non-smokers
- Family history is very important
- Cancer / Stroke / Heart Attack
- Coronary Artery Bypass
- Kidney Failure / Major Organ Transplant
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Coma / Paralysis / Dismemberment
- Blindness / Deafness
- Loss Of Speech / Major Burns
- Benign Brain Tumour
- Occupational HIV Injury
- Motor Neuron Disease
- Alzheimer’s Disease / Parkinson’s Disease
- Aorta Surgery / Heart Valve Replacement
- Pay for costly drugs and treatments not covered by other insurance.
- Compensate for reduced or lost income.
- Pay off your mortgage or other loans.
- Make necessary modifications to your home.
- Purchase a wheelchair or other specialized equipment.
- Cover the expense of nursing or domestic help.
- Compensate for a family member’s leave from work to assist with care.
- Hire someone to take over the running of your small business.