Why do you need Disability Insurance?
If you become disabled, your ability to earn income may be compromised, and your ability to pay bills or save for retirement may decline. Our disability insurance plans are designed to help you meet your income requirements so you can concentrate on recovering from your disability and returning to an active life.
The peace of mind that income protection can provide is available for professionals, business owners, business executives, and full-time, part-time or home-based workers.
Whether you need to secure your main source of income or to supplement the coverage you receive from your employer or an association, we can help by providing a comprehensive and portable plan you can rely on throughout your working years.
A Disability Income Benefit provides you with a portion of your income should you be disabled as a result of Injury or Illness and unable to work and earn a living. There are different Elimination Periods (EP), (length of time to wait before benefits begin), and different Benefit Periods (BP), (length of time benefits will be payable), that will allow you to choose the plan that best suits your needs.
What is Disability Insurance?
Disability Insurance Policy will provide assurance that if you become disabled and can no longer perform work in order to earn your income, you will have coverage. Many companies will give you the option of different levels of cover. Insurance premiums are usually deducted from your bank account (PAC).
Disability Insurance will pay you an ongoing income if you become disabled and are unable to pursue employment or business activities. There are limits to how much you can receive based on your pre-disability earnings. Rates will vary based on occupational duties and length of time in a particular industry. This kind of coverage has a waiting period before you can begin collecting benefits, usually 30, 60, 90 or 120 days. The benefit paying period also varies from 2 years to age 65. A short waiting period will cost more that a longer waiting period. As well, a long benefit paying period will cost more than a short benefit paying period.
- $1,000.00 – $6,000.00 per month
- Injury ONLY or Injury & Illness Coverage
- 24 hour or Non-Occupational Coverage
- Choice of Elimination periods, zero, 30, 60, 90 or 120 days for Injury. 14, 30, 60, 90 or 120 days for Illness
- Choice of Benefit periods, most occupations up to Age 70, 5 year for ALL eligible occupations
- Disability Income Benefit based on Gross Revenue or Earned Income
- Partial Disability Benefit – 50% benefits for up to 180 days
- Waiver of Premium – after 30 days of Total Disability and when benefits are payable
- Return to Work Assistance Benefit – rehabilitation and financial assistance in returning the insured to work
- $10,000 Accident Medical Benefit